Recap is a growing UK fintech startup. At Recap we're building privacy-first products for everyone to manage their digital wealth. Our mission is to empower individuals to participate in the revolution of money and digitalisation of all assets by automating cryptoasset portfolio tracking, accounting and tax compliance.
As a company representing thousands of customers with cryptoassets, we pride ourselves in providing the best-in-class privacy and security features - respecting everyone's right to financial privacy.
Recap has recently closed a $1m seed round, is a winner of Innovate UK grant funding and Tech Nation 3.0 Rising Stars Midlands Finalist. Recap is growing monthly revenues with customers in the UK and US, with further expansion into new jurisdictions planned for Q4 2021.
Recap is seeking an experienced full-stack Senior Software Engineer who will report directly to the CTO. You will work in 3-week cycles with the product team and take a lead role in delivering new features ranging from our core privacy architecture, accounting and tax implementations to user interface development and exchange/blockchain integrations, as well as maintaining and improving existing product features.
Recap is a client-side application written in TypeScript and using React, utilising a web worker for the ‘backend’ of data encryption and storage, transaction processing and portfolio and tax calculations. User data is encrypted locally so we have zero visibility of transactions and assets and a browser extension is utilised as a CORS proxy to enable completely private data fetching. We also offer a desktop version of Recap hosted in Electron.
The ideal candidate will have a breadth of full-stack experience, a deep knowledge of TypeScript and practical experience building user interfaces. You’ll enjoy technically challenging work and can confidently contribute to both architecture and code discussions.
What you'll be doing:
- As part of a multi-functional team, understanding customer needs to design and build core product features to serve the rapidly evolving needs of our users
- Making significant architectural changes and updates to our novel client-side stack, including cryptography and key management, data storage optimisation, client-server synchronisation and validated data modelling
- Refactoring and restructuring code to improve maintainability and future velocity
- Developing exchange API integrations, including researching exchange APIs, data formats and building relationships with exchange development teams
- Developing blockchain integrations, including DeFi support across multiple chains and decentralised products
- Spiking new platforms and solutions, including multi-portfolio support, secure data/key sharing and mobile experiments
- Maintaining existing features and fixing issues while constrained by little to no knowledge of user data
- Working with support staff and customers to solve product issues
- Periodically working on support to understand customer queries and solve issues directly
You should apply if:
- You have experience building applications with TypeScript, React, Node
- You love building products have significant experience working in a similar role
- You are happy to get your hands dirty and work as a close-knit team
- You enjoy providing a great user experience
- Bonus - you have experience with cryptocurrencies, blockchain or privacy-focused technology
This isn't for you if:
- You are looking for direction - this role expects you to be able to work on your own initiative and prioritise effectively
- You don't enjoy a fast-paced environment
- You’re not interested in cryptocurrencies
Ideally you have experience in:
- React, Next.js and Tailwind CSS
- Git/GitHub and CI/CD practices
- Postgres, AWS and Serverless
The application process consists of a short phone interview followed by a video interview.
- Be part of a funded early-stage tech startup where you will make a difference on day one
- Competitive salary (dependent on experience) with the option to be paid in Bitcoin
- Share in our success by owning a part of Recap through stock options
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Flexible working and work from anywhere policy
- Top-spec kit - solid wood sit-stand desk, ergonomic chair, new MacBook Pro, noisy keyboards, dual 4K monitors